Sunday, September 4, 2016

ONE Weekly Healthy Food And The Low Carb

I am back on the low carb wagon and I am loving it.

Made a lot of changes to the meal plan I posted below when I wasn’t low carb. The main reason is; I don’t eat as frequently as I did before.

Low carb for me is mainly meat and veggies. This means my body doesn’t burn through it as quickly as it did when carbs, even tho they were whole grains, was apart of my meal plan.

With that being said, here is my current meal prep menu for those who have been asking. It’s 5 days of:

Breakfast – Egg Muffins

AM Snack – Greek Yogurt

Lunch – Chicken Salad

PM Snack- Spicy Sausage w/ Peppers and Onions or Mild Cheddar Cheese Cubes

Dinner – A Home Cooked Meal

What’s In Your Lunch Box?

Every weekday morning I pack this bag. I really considered getting a Six Pack Bag (@6packbags) but I’m still not there. & I ain’t paying what they asking for them either ($60 – $350). It’s tax season so you know this is the time to splurge. But ima pass again.


This is a $20 (24 can size) Igloo Cooler from Target & it works for what I need. It holds 5 of my 6 daily meals & I never leave home w/o it.

Awesomeness.

Weekly Menu

I’m really proud of the direction my journey is headed in.

I never saw meal prep ever becoming apart of my life. Now it’s changing my life. Here is my current meal prep menu for those who have been asking. It’s 5 days of:

Breakfast – Egg Muffins & Fresh Fruit

AM Snack – Greek Yogurt

Lunch – Chicken Salad

PM Snack- Peanut Butter & Rice Cakes, Homemade Trail Mix or Raw Veggies

A Pre-Workout Meal (on days I workout) – Grilled Chicken & Dirty Brown Rice or Turkey Meatloaf Muffins w/ Mac & Cheese

Dinner – A Home Cooked Meal

Plenty of options.

Note: Yes, they keep well. Yes, they taste just as good as the day they were made. & no, it’s not strange to eat the same food for a week. Chances are you already do that now & don’t even know it.

Fail to Prep…

862f8f3e76da11e3b89c1203f21acad2_8

Whether you prep each night for the next day, prep the whole week in advance or anything in between, fail to plan, plan to fail applies. My meals for the work week are prepared on Sunday, every week, no matter what. I generally eat five to six small meals a day (depending on the day). This is not by choice.

My metabolism is insane!!!

But without meal prep I am guaranteed to eat recklessly and w/ total disregard as my body is always looking for it’s next meal every 2-3 hours like clockwork.

& so it begins
Nov 11th 2013 was the official start of my structured meal plan. That preceding Friday I did a test run. I really thought about buying one of those Six Pack Bags ($60-$250) but I am not on that level yet but this $20 Igloo cooler I got at Target will do the job. It holds everything I need & more; breakfast (in its own hot area), am snack, lunch, pm snack & a pre-workout meal (also an extra meal just as a demo).

Prep for Change

IMG_93282 I prep every Sunday, without fail. I generally make 4 different meal to include breakfast for 5 days. I have come to learn that I eat the worst when I am at work. I eat the best when I am at home. So my meals are only for the days I am at work, leaving my nights and weekends free for me to make what ever I want. It was quite surprising to find out that the meals hold up for a good 7 to 10 days without question. I was kind of apprehensive when I started meal prepping such a large quantity of food but I am becoming quite accustomed to eating this way. Meal prepping works. I been avoiding this but it looks it’s the next step on my journey. Time to embrace it. I got body fat to lose & knowledge to gain. Let’s go.

No comments:

Post a Comment